Flu Outbreak Update
Friday January 9th, 2015
Posted at 1:38pm
Hello time traveller!!
This article is 1291 days old.
The information listed below is likely outdated and has been preserved for archival purposes.
Last updated: Sunday January 11th, 3:26pm
Hôtel-Dieu Grace Healthcare has confirmed an Influenza Outbreak on 2 South and 3 North of the Emara Building. Currently.
As of Sunday afternoon there is of the five confirmed cases to date, two have now been cleared.
They now report right suspected cases of influenza. The newest case is located on 3 South. The same measures implemented on the other two affected units will now become in effect on 3 South.
In an effort to further protect staff, physicians, visitors and community at large from spread of the virus, Hôtel-Dieu Grace has the following visitor guidelines in place.
- Visiting hours 8am to 8pm (which will be strictly enforced for affected units 2S, 3N and 3S)
- No children under the age of 14 will be allowed to visit
- All visitors will be screened by healthcare professionals upon entrance. Any visitors who are symptomatic will not be allowed in the building
- All individuals visiting the affected units will be required to wear a mask for the duration of the visit and practice frequent hand sanitizing
- Exceptions as they relate to the palliative unit will be at the managers discretion on a case by case basis.
Tayfour Building/Toldo Building/Prince Road Entrance
- There will be access to these buildings through the main entrance at the Tayfour building. All other entrances will remain closed until further notice
- All visitors are required to practice hand washing upon entrance
- All visitors who are experiencing flu like symptoms will be asked to not enter
Regional Children’s Centre
- No restrictions have been placed at this time
Hôtel-Dieu Grace says they continue working with the Local Health Integration Network as the Windsor Essex County Health Unit to monitor the outbreak and continue to manage the spread of influenza.
This is a fluid situation and further restrictions may be implemented at any time.