Flu Outbreak Update
Tuesday January 13th, 2015
Posted at 1:51pm
Hello time traveller!!
This article is 1284 days old.
The information listed below is likely outdated and has been preserved for archival purposes.
Hôtel‐Dieu Grace Healthcare continues to monitor the confirmed an Influenza Outbreak on 2 South, 3 South and 3 North of the Emara Building that was reported on January 7th.
Of the five confirmed cases to date, four have now been cleared and they have four suspected cases of influenza.
The following visitor restrictions are in effect:
- All visitors will be screened by healthcare professionals upon entrance. Any visitors whoare symptomatic will not be allowed in the building. All visitors visiting the Emara building will be required to wear a mask regardless of the unit there are visiting.
- Visiting hours 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. (which will be strictly enforced for affected units2S, 3N and 3S)
- No children under the age of 14 will be allowed to visit *Exceptions as they relate to thepalliative unit will be at the managers discretion on a case by case basis.
Tayfour Building/Toldo Building/Prince Road Entrance
- There will be access to these buildings through the main entrance at the Tayfourbuilding. Staff can also access this building through the Prince Road entrance and the East entrance near Withdrawal Management by swipe card only. All other entrances will remain closed until further notice
- All visitors are required to practice hand washing upon entrance
- All visitors who are experiencing flu like symptoms will be asked to not enter
Regional Children’s Centre
- No restrictions have been placed at this time