Health Unit Says You Should Get The Flu Shot
Monday October 20th, 2014
Posted at 10:48am
Hello time traveller!!
This article is 1372 days old.
The information listed below is likely outdated and has been preserved for archival purposes.
Flu season is approaching and the Windsor-Essex County Health Unit says the flu vaccine is the best way to protect yourself from influenza.
The Health Unit says the flu virus can change so it is important to get your flu shot every year. The influenza vaccine is available to everyone over the age of 6 months and is recommended unless you have certain medical conditions or have had a severe allergic reaction to the flu vaccine in the past. People in high-risk groups are especially vulnerable and should get the annual flu shot, according to the Health UNit.
The Windsor-Essex County Health Unit will be providing seven community flu clinics targeting families with children from 6 months to 6 years.
Here’s a list of upcoming clinics:
- October 21st at the Health Unit
- October 23rd at the Volmer Complex
- October 27th at Place Concorde
- October 29th at the Knights of Columbus, Emeryville
- November 5th at Our Lady of Mount Carmel Church
- November 12th at Leamington Kinsmen
- November 21st at Place Concorde