Essex Adding New Skating Programs For Families
Friday September 5th, 2014
Posted at 11:00am
Hello time traveller!!
This article is 1413 days old.
The information listed below is likely outdated and has been preserved for archival purposes.
The Town of Essex is expanding its recreational skating program, with three new programs added to the schedule that already includes Parent-Tot Skate, Shinny Hockey, and Public Skating.
The new lineup includes the following six programs:
- Parent-Tot Skate – Teach your preschool child to skate. Helmets required for children. Mandatory adult accompaniment.
- Top-Shelf Toddlers – Children 6 years of age and under can have fun developing shooting and stick handling skills with the help of an adult.
- Adult Skate – Get some exercise and work on your skating skills. Ages 16 and over only.
- Adult Skills Skate – Work on your shooting and stick handling skills. Ages 16 and over only.
- Shinny Hockey – Join a game in progress. Full equipment required. No body contact.
- Public Skating – Bring the whole family! All ages welcome. Helmets recommended for children.
In addition, a Sunday afternoon timeslot for Parent-Tot Skate has been added from 4pm to 5pm in Essex Centre.
Programs are offered at both the Essex Centre Sports Complex and the Harrow and Colchester South Community Centre.
The Town of Essex offers a number of opportunities for toddlers and young children to participate in recreational programs with an adult. Parent-Tot programs are a great way for parents to connect with their children, have some fun and stay active!
The fee for most recreational skating programs is $3per person. Shinny Hockey costs $4.00 per person. A family of five can skate for $10.50 and 10 visits can be purchased in advance at a 10% discount.
Find out more about the types of recreational programs offered by the Town of Essex at www.essex.ca.