Fire Destroys Garage On Church Street
Tuesday May 6th, 2014
Posted at 11:04pm
Hello time traveller!!
This article is 1537 days old.
The information listed below is likely outdated and has been preserved for archival purposes.
Windsor firefighters have extinguished a large fire at a garage in Downtown Windsor.
Crews were called to the alley behind the 900 block of Church Street just after 10pm and found flames shooting into the air from a garage in the backyard of a home.
Several concerned residents had gathered to watch. Flames began burning hydro wires in the alley, causing arcing and sparks to fly.
Firefighters attacked the fire from the backyard and had the blaze under control within minutes.
Police have been called to investigate.
Damage to the garage is extensive.