If You See Smoke Near South Windsor And LaSalle, Here’s Why
Friday April 4th, 2014
Posted at 2:00pm
Hello time traveller!!
This article is 1568 days old.
The information listed below is likely outdated and has been preserved for archival purposes.
Prescribed burns will be carried out this month in several locations on the Herb Gray Parkway.
Parkway Infrastructure Constructors has retained Wildfire Specialists Inc. to conduct prescribed burns in the following locations:
- Chappus restoration area (numerous sites between Malden and Matchette Roads, north of Armanda Road)
- Gratiot restoration area(at former Gratiot and Huron Church Road intersection)
- Reddock restoration area (at former Reddock and Huron Church Road intersection)
- Oakwood Bush area (near South Windsor Arena)
- Todd Lane restoration area (north of Todd Lane off Tenth Street)
- St. Clair Street area (south of Highway 3, across from St. Clair College)
Prescribed burns will be undertaken and monitored by trained professionals with extensive experience, under very specific controlled and safe conditions taking into consideration wind speed and direction as critical factors. The burn period for each site is of limited duration.
A detailed map can be found at this link here.