PHOTOS: Tons Of Snow On The Sidewalk? Here’s How They Get Rid Of It
Tuesday January 7th, 2014
Posted at 8:43pm
Hello time traveller!!
This article is 1654 days old.
The information listed below is likely outdated and has been preserved for archival purposes.
How do you remove tons of snow from the sidewalks of major routes where it has piled up? With a giant snowblower, dump trucks and dozens of front end loaders and Bobcats.
Snow removal operations got underway at 6pm, Tuesday night, and crews began tackling piled up snow along Wyandotte, Ottawa Street, Erie Street and Tecumseh Road.
Here’s how it works:
Removal of snow from bus stops, sidewalks and major routes is expected to continue tonight until 6am.
These rotating lane closures will continue over the next few days:
- Wyandotte Street East, eastbound from Ouellette Avenue to Lauzon Road
- Ottawa Street, eastbound to Walker Road
- Wyandotte Street West, westbound from Ouellette Avenue to Huron Church Road
- Tecumseh Road East, eastbound from Ouellette Avenue to Lauzon Road
- Erie Street, eastbound from Ouellette Avenue to Lincoln Road
The city says the precise timing of closures cannot be determined in advance but the work will be conducted during the hours of 6pm to 6am Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, resuming on Sunday evening if needed.