PHOTOS: Old Lazare’s Furs Catches Fire

Monday December 30th, 2013

Posted at 6:40pm

0
0
0
Print Friendly, PDF & Email

Hello time traveller!!

This article is 1662 days old.

The information listed below is likely outdated and has been preserved for archival purposes.

Windsor firefighters have extinguished a fire in the ventilation system of the old Lazare’s furs in the 400 block of Ouellette.

Fire broke out around 5:30pm and heavy smoke began spreading throughout the building and into the old Windsor Symphony building next door.

Officials say the fire began from soldering pipes in the basement air handling unit; smoke spread, but the fire did not.

Damage is set at $250,000 to the structure and $200,000  to the contents.

There are no reports of injuries.

Smoke rises above the building in this photo seen from the parking garage next door

Do You Like This Article?