If You See Smoke Near South Windsor And LaSalle, Here’s Why
Tuesday November 19th, 2013
Posted at 10:00am
Hello time traveller!!
This article is 1705 days old.
The information listed below is likely outdated and has been preserved for archival purposes.
Prescribed burns will be talking place around parts of the Herb Gray Parkway for the next few weeks.
The Landscape Plan for the Parkway features an overall Carolinian theme, focusing on preservation, protection and expansion of Tallgrass Prairie ecosystems and Oak Savannah habitats.
Prescribed burns, which are deliberately set, carefully controlled and closely monitored fires – are the most effective management tool for Tallgrass Prairie maintenance, conservation and restoration, according to Parkway officials.
The fall 2013 Parkway prescribed burns will take place in the following areas:
- selected sites within the Chappus restoration area between Matchette Road and Malden Road
- the Todd Lane restoration area east of 10th Street
- a small site in the vicinity of the former Gratiot Street, west of Huron Church Road and south of the Grand Marais Drain
- a site in the Spring Garden Natural Area south of Fazio Drive
- a site south of Highway 3, north of St. Clair Avenue.