Used Batteries Catch Fire Inside The Battery Man On Janette

Tuesday July 9th, 2013

Posted at 2:30am


Hello time traveller!!

This article is 3241 days old.

The information listed below is likely outdated and has been preserved for archival purposes.

UPDATE – Windsor Fire officials say the blaze appears to be the result of a battery charging system failure. Damage is estimated to be $20,000.

A firefighter was taken to hospital and damage was contained to a small area of materials after fire started at a battery specialist warehouse on Janette.

Firefighters were called to The Battery Man at 1059 Janette just after 1am for reports of smoke coming from the building.

Crews found three skids of used batteries and material burning according to Assistant Chief Fire Prevention Officer John Lee. Smoke filled the neighbourhood.

Lee said there was no damage to the structure other than smoke.

Firefighters had the blaze under control within minutes.

A firefighter suffered a deep gash to his hand and was taken to the hospital by EMS. No other injuries were reported.

Photo by reader Kristopher Marentette

Photo by reader Kristopher Marentette

Photo by reader Kristopher Marentette

Do You Like This Article?