Border Road: Future Herb Gray Parkway Road Closure Plans
Monday February 11th, 2013
Posted at 11:00am
Hello time traveller!!
This article is 1982 days old.
The information listed below is likely outdated and has been preserved for archival purposes.
The Design and Construction Report #7B for the Herb Gray Parkway is now available for review until Friday, March 8th.
Several major road closures are outlined in this report including:
- Traffic staging involving single laning for existing Highway 401
- Traffic staging involving single laning on Ojibway Parkway
- Anticipated five-month closure of Huron Church Line
- Anticipated five-month closure of existing Howard Avenue
- Two-month closure of E.C. Row Expressway eastbound off-ramp to Huron Church Road
- Berm placement at Outer Drive.
The Report also identifies a contingency plan for the existing Howard Avenue closure that includes a potential four-month closure of Howard Diversion northbound lanes if traffic operations require it.
Two signed detours will be in place as part of the works listed above as part of the closure of E.C. Row Expressway eastbound off-ramp to Huron Church Road traffic will be diverted to Dougall Avenue. For the closure of Huron Church Line traffic will be diverted onto Sandwich West Parkway.
For more information view the public notice. A copy of the report is available online here, under the Spotlight section of their homepage.