PHOTOS: Walkerville Multiplex Fire Claims Dog’s Life

Friday January 18th, 2013

Posted at 10:20pm


Hello time traveller!!

This article is 3201 days old.

The information listed below is likely outdated and has been preserved for archival purposes.

A dog has perished and its owner has been taken to hospital for observation after fire tore through a multiplex on Chilver Road near Riverside Drive, late Friday evening.

Windsor firefighters responded after 9pm for several reports of heavy flames and smoke coming from a four-plex in the 300 block of Chilver Road in Walkerville.

Firefighters arrived and found heavy flames that appear to have originated in a lower unit, and were spreading upwards to the second floor.

A man came rushing out carrying his lifeless dog and was immediately assisted by firefighters and EMS. Crews worked to save the animal’s life, but it ultimately perished.

The dog’s owner was taken to hospital.

Police say that the cause was determined to be careless smoking.  Damage is estimated at $250,000.

Do You Like This Article?