NEWS >
Light RainNow
11 °C
52 °F
ShowersFri
15 °C
59 °F
A Mix Of Sun And CloudSat
12 °C
54 °F
A Mix Of Sun And CloudSun
14 °C
57 °F

Things To Do In
Windsor Essex

Follow Us On
TikTok

Traffic Cameras

Daily NEWS-LETTER

Sign Up Here

Lowest Gas Prices

Overheated Computer Causes Fire

Tuesday January 29th, 2013, 3:47pm

0
0

Hello time traveller!!
This article is 4098 days old.
The information listed below is likely outdated and has been preserved for archival purposes.

The 1500 block of Westminster as seen on Google Maps

A quick thinking neighbour prevented a fire from getting out of hand this afternoon.

Police say that at approximately 1:40pm a Windsor Police officer was flagged down by a man who indicated his house was on fire.

The officer drove the male to his home on Westminster, where a neighbour had retrieved his own fire extinguisher and kicked in the door of the
man’s residence and quickly put out the fire.

Police say that it appears a computer overheated which caused it to burst into flames. Damage was mostly limited to smoke and to the computer.

No one was injured and the damage is estimated to be around $2500.

windsoriteDOTca
Daily Newsletter

Sign up to receive all the latest, local news stories you may have missed!

We don’t spam! Read our privacy policy for more info.

Do You Like This Article?

Content Continues Below Local Sponsor Message
Content Continues Below Local Sponsor Message
Content Continues Below Local Sponsor Message