Happy Halloween Windsor! Here Are Some Halloween Tips
Wednesday October 31st, 2012
Posted at 3:00pm
Hello time traveller!!
This article is 2086 days old.
The information listed below is likely outdated and has been preserved for archival purposes.
Here are a few tips from the OPP and the City of Windsor to have a safe and happy fun filled Halloween!
- Parents allowing children to go door-to-door are encouraged to travel with their children.
- Parents should carefully inspect every item the child brings home and throw out anything that looks like it’s been tampered with.
- Do not eat home-made candy/goodies unless they are from someone you know
- Parents should ensure trick-or-treaters are dressed appropriately for the weather conditions and that their costumes are bright with un-obscured vision.
- Parents should also make sure that children only use controlled intersections when crossing a roadway and watch for moving vehicles when crossing the street.
- Only visit houses that are lit in familiar neighbourhoods.
- Stay away from animals you are not familiar with.
- Vandalism is not a “trick” – it is against the law and has consequences.
- If you are driving, please be extra cautious as there will be excited children everywhere, who may not be paying attention to the roads. Slow down and be safe!!