Thursday Will Be HOT in Windsor-Essex, Heat Alert Issued
Wednesday July 25th, 2012
Posted at 3:05pm
Hello time traveller!!
This article is 2247 days old.
The information listed below is likely outdated and has been preserved for archival purposes.
It really cooled down outside yesterday, but the heat is coming back with a vengeance, Thursday.
The Windsor-Essex County Health Unit has issued a Level 1 Heat Alert for Thursday July 26th. The Humidex is expected to be 40 or higher with temperatures forecasted by Environment Canada to reach 97 Fahrenheit or 36 Celsius.
The Windsor-Essex County Heat Alert Response Committee and the Windsor-Essex County Health Unit urge residents to follow the following steps to “Stay Cool” and enjoy a healthy summer.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Go to an air conditioned place. Those looking for a place to go can call 211 or visit StayCoolWindsor-Essex.com for the latest locations.
- Wear a hat and lightweight loose-fitting clothing.
- Take a cool bath or shower.
- Limit outdoor activities to the coolest part of the day.
- Check on your neighbours and family.
- Never leave children or pets alone in closed vehicles.
- If you feel ill, faint, have difficulty breathing, or feel disoriented, visit your doctor or nearest hospital right away. In an emergency, call 911