Storm Update: Damage in Windsor
Wednesday July 4th, 2012
Posted at 7:25pm
Hello time traveller!!
This article is 2424 days old.
The information listed below is likely outdated and has been preserved for archival purposes.
Major storms have moved through the area and there are several reports of major and minor damage to neighbourhoods alike. Here is a summary of what has been reported:
- Reports of a tree down at Bridge and University
- A transformer has blown at Brock and Edison
- Power is out through much of the West End, West of Huron Church
- High Voltage wires laying across Foster Avenue in the Walker Corridor area
- A two vehicle crash at Bruce and University
- Lightning struck a house on Prado Place and started a small fire. Firefighters have since put it out.
- Campbell and University a tree is down that has fully blocked the road
- Power is out in South Windsor
- Reports of a tree on a house on Caron Ave
- Hydro lines and trees are down all along Riberdy Road
- Parts of Wyandotte Street are flooded in the Downtown area
- Trees are down on University and Bridge and University and Josephine
- A large tree fell in front of a former student residence near the Ambassador Bridge
- Hydro lines are down around the University
- Construction fences have blown over city wide
- A portion of Elliott Street that is under construction has flooded
- Power is out in an area bounded by Walker, Bliss, EC Row and Riberdy, Enwin is on scene working to restore power
- More to come…