25 °C
76 °F
Mainly SunnyTue
25 °C
77 °F
23 °C
73 °F
22 °C
72 °F

Summer Festival Guide

Traffic Cameras

Photo Of The Day

Lowest Gas Prices

PHOTOS: Walker Road’s Midtown Bar & Grill Catches Fire

Thursday July 12th, 2012, 5:45am


Hello time traveller!!
This article is 3981 days old.
The information listed below is likely outdated and has been preserved for archival purposes.

Windsor Firefighters have extinguished a fire inside the Midtown Bar & Grill in the 3500 block of Walker Road.

Fire broke out shortly after 3:30am, Thursday morning.

Upon arrival, crews encountered heavy smoke coming from the roof of the building. Firefighters had to saw the rear door of the restaurant in half in order to gain access to the interior. Smoke flooded the seating area of the restaurant and a front window was broken to provide ventilation. The fire appears to have originated in the kitchen area.

Around 4am, firefighters had the fire under control but additional flames were discovered between the ceiling and the roof above a walk-in cooler.

Smoke persisted through 5am and crews utilized fans to ventilate the building.

The Midtown Bar & Grill recently changed its name from Jovan’s Station and had once also been known as J.D. Pranksters.

An inspector could not determined the cause of the blaze. The fire caused $700,000 in damages. There are no injuries.

Do You Like This Article?

Content Continues Below Local Sponsor Message
Content Continues Below Local Sponsor Message
Content Continues Below Local Sponsor Message