Border Road: W-E Parkway Construction Accelerates Through the Next Six Months
Thursday June 28th, 2012
Posted at 10:15am
Hello time traveller!!
This article is 2333 days old.
The information listed below is likely outdated and has been preserved for archival purposes.
The project is on track and work on the Windsor-Essex Parkway is moving along steadily.
Over the next six months, a variety of changes will happen to the existing Highway 3 / Huron Church route and the team behind building the Parkway wants you to know what will take place.
- Bridge construction will take place at areas including west of St. Clair College and the completion of the new North Talbot Road bridge
- Diversion roads will open between Labelle Street and Grand Marais and Pulford to Cabana
- The permanent service road for the Parkway will open between Pulford and Grand Marais
- The first stages of the Howard Avenue two-lane roundabout will develop
- Utilities such as hydro, sewers and cable will continue to be relocated to their new permanent spots
- The eastbound lanes of EC Row between Ojibway Parkway and Huron Church will be closed for nine months starting this summer, traffic in each direction will be reduced to one lane for this period
- Pile driving will continue along with excavation and the building of the Parkway’s tunnels
For more information on the W-E Parkway, visit their website here.