West End Holy Name of Mary Chuch Celebrates 95 Years, Sunday
Saturday May 26th, 2012
Posted at 2:15pm
Hello time traveller!!
This article is 2243 days old.
The information listed below is likely outdated and has been preserved for archival purposes.
This Sunday Holy Name of Mary Church on Windsor’s West Side will celebrate its 95th anniversary.
The Church was founded on May 17th 1917 and was originally called Our Lady of Prompt Succour. The first church was located at the corner of Curry and Martin Avenues. The current church was built-in 1927.
The anniversary celebration will be bittersweet as on July 1st, Holy Name of Mary will celebrate their last Sunday in the building, and worshipers will move to Assumption Church. Holy Name of Mary has been clustered with Assumption for three years and both sites had been having Sunday masses. Holy Name will remain open for funerals and weddings and special functions only.
The anniversary celebration Sunday is at 9am with church service and a luncheon will follow.