City of Windsor, 311, Dump, Garbage Hours, Parking On Easter Weekend
Thursday April 5th, 2012
Posted at 2:15pm
Hello time traveller!!
This article is 2298 days old.
The information listed below is likely outdated and has been preserved for archival purposes.
City of Windsor offices will be closed on Friday April 6th for Good Friday and and Monday April 9th Easter Monday.
Here is a rundown of City Services over the Holiday weekend:
- 311 Call Centre: The 311 Call Centre will be closed on Friday, April 6 and Monday, April 9 for the Good Friday and Easter Monday holidays. Regular hours (7 a.m. to 7 p.m.) resume on Tuesday, April 10.
- 211 WINDSOR-ESSEX: 211 Windsor-Essex will be open 24 hours a day throughout the Easter holiday period.
- GARBAGE & RECYCLING COLLECTIONS: There will be no residential collection services on Good Friday or Easter Monday. Residential collection services will be delayed by one (1) day. Please refer to your 2012 waste collection schedule, call 311, or visit www.citywindsor.ca for more information.
- PUBLIC DROP-OFF & HOUSEHOLD CHEMICAL WASTE DEPOT located at the northeast corner of Central Avenue and E.C. Row is closed on Good Friday but is open on Saturday, April 7 and Monday, April 9 (Easter Monday) from 8 a.m. to 4:45 p.m. Effective Monday, April 2, 2012, the Depot hours are Monday to Saturday 8 a.m. to 4:45 p.m. for the self disposal of garbage, renovation material, furniture, recyclables, appliances, tires, shingles and yard waste. Some disposal fees may apply. The Household Chemical Waste Depot receives paints, stains, propane tanks, motor oils, batteries, pesticides, fluorescent tube bulbs, mercury thermometers and any other household chemical waste.
- PARKS AND RECREATION: All community and customer care centres and pools will be closed on Good Friday and Easter Sunday with the exception of scheduled rentals. WFCU Centre will be closed on Good Friday. All recreation courses, including swimming will occur on Saturday, April 7. Recreation courses and swimming lessons will resume on Easter Monday, April 9. Rentals and skating in arenas including the WFCU Centre will occur as scheduled on Monday.
- PARKING ENFORCEMENT: There will be no parking enforcement on Good Friday or Easter Monday, and municipal ticket payment offices will be closed as well.
- WINDSOR PUBLIC LIBRARY: All locations of the Windsor Public Library will be closed on April 6, 8 and 9. On Saturday, April 7, all locations will be closed except Budimir, Central and Riverside, which will open from 1 p.m. – 5 p.m. Regular hours resume on Tuesday, April 10.
- WINDSOR’S COMMUNITY MUSEUM will be closed on April 6, 7, 8 and 9. The Museum will reopen on Tuesday, April 10.
- TRANSIT WINDSOR: City buses will run on the Sunday/Holiday schedule on Friday, Sunday and Monday, and regular schedules for Saturday. The Tunnel Bus will operate on its regular schedules throughout the weekend. Schedules and route maps are available online, and this information is also available at any Windsor area Shoppers Drug Mart, Windsor Public Library branches, community centres, arenas, Transit Centre, or any Transit Windsor bus. The Transit sales office at 300 Chatham Street West is open daily from 7 a.m. until 9 p.m. The sales office at 3700 North Service Road East will be closed on Friday and Monday.