What to Do in Windsor During March Break 2012!
Sunday March 11th, 2012
Posted at 10:30am
Hello time traveller!!
This article is 2320 days old.
The information listed below is likely outdated and has been preserved for archival purposes.
There is much too do this week for March Break!
- Daily recreational swims are offered at Adie Knox Herman Pool and Windsor Water World.
- Learn to Babysit: a morning program for youth from 12 to 16 is offered at Constable John Atkinson Memorial Community Centre, Oakwood Community Centre and WFCU Centre at $45 per person.
- Forest Glade Arena offers public skating from Monday March 12 and Wednesday, March 14 from 1:30 -3:20 pm.
- South Windsor Recreation Complex offers Public Skating March 10, 17 from 4pm to 5:50 pm and on March 11, 13, 15, 18 from 1pm to 2:50pm. Regular fees apply.
- Wildlife Discovery at Ojibway Nature Centre, March 15 or March 16 from 9 am to 4pm. Cost is $34.
- On Thursday, March 15th from 1pm to 4pm, the Maidstone Bicentennial Museum is sponsoring a Children’s Safety Day located at 1093 Puce Roadin Puce. The Lakeshore Fire Department will be on hand with their smoke trailer, the museum will be open for tours, as well, the Lakeshore Community Policing Committee, in conjunction with the Mason’s, will be conducting a fingerprint clinic. The Essex County Ontario Provincial Police will also be available to check car seats. There is no cost associated with the day but donations to the museum are welcome.
- Colasanti’s Tropical Gardens has all day ride passes available $12.99 + tax, zoo shows daily at 12:30pm, 1:30pm, & 2:30pm Lunch Buffet Available Monday 12th – Saturday 17th which includes Hot Buffet Bars, Full Salad Bar, Peach Drink & Coffee 11am -1:30pm.
- John R. Park Homestead Conservation Area has a sugaring-off party by candlelight. Make taffy on the snow and take part in other pioneer winter delights. A rare chance to visit the Homestead after dark in maple season on March 13th from 7pm to 8:30pm. Also runs the next afternoon from 1:30pm to 3pm.
- ACWR will be offering monoprinting workshop at the Artspeak Gallery on Monday, March 12th, from 10am to 1pm. This three-hour workshop will teach children how to use a variety of tools and found material, e.g. leaves, lace, ribbons, and different textural papers. Students will learn how to create a composition and explore a variety of techniques and mediums that allow for creative expression in a fun and supportive atmosphere. Cost (includes all materials) is $5 per child for members, $10 for non-members. Suitable for children aged 6-12.