Couch Fire Breaks Out on 17th Floor of Ouellette Manor Apartments

Friday March 23rd, 2012

Posted at 9:16pm


Hello time traveller!!

This article is 3789 days old.

The information listed below is likely outdated and has been preserved for archival purposes.

Smoke trickles from a laundry room on the 17th floor of Ouellette Manor Apartments

A fire is out in a highrise in Downtown Windsor. Fire broke out in a laundry room on the 17th floor of the Ouellette Manor Apartments (920 Ouellette) around 7:30pm and the building’s fire alarm notified the fire department that smoke was showing in the building.

Upon arrival, fire crews reported heavy smoke coming from a window on the north side of the building.

Crews connected to the building’s firefighting equipment and were able to put the fire out within minutes.

The District Chief of firefighting on scene reported that a couch was what was burning. Police evacuated a parking lot for concerns that glass from the window in the laundry room would fall seventeen stories down.

Heavy smoke persisted in the building for some time, no one was injuried.

Do You Like This Article?