Smog Advisory Tommorow for Southwestern Ontario
Friday July 2nd, 2010
Posted at 4:26pm
Hello time traveller!!
This article is 3005 days old.
The information listed below is likely outdated and has been preserved for archival purposes.
According to Air Quality Ontario there is a smog advisory in effect for tommorow until futher notice. It affects the following areas: Elgin, Huron – Perth, London – Middlesex, Sarnia – Lambton, Simcoe – Delhi – Norfolk, and Windsor – Essex – Chatham – Kent. People may experince eye irritation, and heavy outdoor excersize may cause respiratoty sympatoms such as coughing or shortness of breath. People with heart or lung disease including asthma may experience a worsening of their condition. Here are some tips courtesy of Air Quality Ontario:
During a smog advisory, there are a number of actions that you can take to help spare the air.
Travel tips – all year round:
– leave your car at home – walk, cycle, carpool or take public transit
– tele-conference instead of driving to meetings
– limit car trips by doing all your errands at once, and do
not let your engine idle
– keep your car well tuned, check your tire pressure and
drive at moderate speeds
– avoid exposure to vehicle exhaust fumes
– consult your doctor for specific health advice
– wear light clothing at work while air conditioning is reduced
– avoid strenuous exercise in the heat of the day
Electricity saving tips:
– save electricity at home by setting your air conditioner
temperature a few degrees higher (health permitting) and turning
off lights you are not using
Other pollution reduction tips:
– leave lawn mowing for another day
– restrict the use of gasoline-powered equipment
– delay using oil-based paints, solvents and cleaners