Three area-specific Neighbourhood Meetings are being hosted by the Parkway Infrastructure Constructors during the month of June.
The purpose of the meetings is — on a neighbourhood basis — to review and receive input on specific details pertaining to landscaping, noise barriers, trails, walls, pump stations, power distribution assemblies and transformers. An update on construction activities over the next six months will also be provided.
These Neighbourhood Meetings are being held at the Macedonian Community Centre at 5225 Howard Avenue and are organized based on geographic locations as follows:
Cabana Road to Ojibway Parkway - Tuesday June 12th, 2012 at 6pm
Outer Drive to Geraedts Drive – Wednesday June 13th, 2012 at 6pm
Geraedts Drive to Cabana Road – Wednesday June 20th, 2012 at 6pm
The topics to be discussed with those in attendance include:
- general landscaping philosophy
- a summary of what we have heard from the public about landscaping to date
- plant material type and rationale for selections
- treatment on tunnel tops
- noise barriers including walls and berms, the location of each and the look of each
- property boundary fencing, permanent snake fence and security fencing
- trails including trail bridges and tunnels, lighting and signage, pedestrian bridge aesthetics and look
- retaining walls, bridge walls, parapet walls and wing walls including locations of the and aesthetic treatment
- locations of transformers, aesthetics and screens of Power Distribution Assemblies and cabinets
- location and look of pump stations
- any other features about which the residents have questions.
The Neighbourhood Meetings will include a general presentation at the beginning of the meeting followed by round table discussions and exercises with project team members where you will have the opportunity to provide your input on specific landscaping elements of the Parkway.