Try These 5 Local Valentines Day Date Ideas
Saturday February 7th, 2015
Posted at 1:00pm
Hello time traveller!!
This article is 1323 days old.
The information listed below is likely outdated and has been preserved for archival purposes.
Valentines Day is fast approaching and the routine of going out for dinner and a movie gets boring pretty quickly!
Here are 5 local Valentines date ideas that will make for an unforgettable and romantic night.
- Tecumseh Lanes Bowling is not just equipped with amazing new lanes and gear; their food is a huge attraction. You may not be able to order a big plate of pasta but check out their fresh pizza and finger foods that include chicken and waffles. The whole experience will make you want to opt out of the classic dinner date.
- Art may not be synonymous with romance and sensuality but if the movie Ghost has taught us anything it’s that when it’s done with the right partner, art can be very romantic and fun — even if you are the worst artist. Paint The Nite is a fun art class that takes place at local bars, so not only can you paint, you can have a pint to go along with it. Creating something together while sharing a new experience will bring you much closer! You never know, you could go home with a new art piece to hang over that console table at the end of the night.
- Table tennis (ping pong) is easily one of the most underrated activities! If you or your partner are competitive, House of Pong is a fun and exciting place to challenge each other. With an energetic environment including some of the best music, there is also a bar. Bet each other drinks — taunt if you must — friendly competition is healthy.
- There is a reason why so many ‘meet-cutes‘ in movies are at a cooking class. Food is naturally a comfort for most people and puts you at ease. When cooking, you are using your hands and senses to make the experience very romantic. Open up your palate, and your heart, with The Chef Next Door Cooking Class so you can prepare a delicious meal together at home.
- Have yourself a picnic! No, not in the snow, that’s not romantic! Have a picnic at home. Set up some blankets, pillows on your living room floor. Add in some wine and delicious food you made from the Chef Next Door or order a pizza — whatever you want. Its intimate, swoon-worthy and perfect for new parents who can’t escape their tots, or couples on a budget.