12 °C
54 °F
22 °C
72 °F
A Mix Of Sun And CloudThu
21 °C
70 °F
A Mix Of Sun And CloudFri
24 °C
75 °F

Summer Festival Guide

Traffic Cameras

Photo Of The Day

Lowest Gas Prices

UPDATED: Koolini’s Catches Fire

Thursday December 25th, 2014, 12:38am


Hello time traveller!!
This article is 3086 days old.
The information listed below is likely outdated and has been preserved for archival purposes.

Last updated: Sunday December 28th, 6:14am

Windsor firefighters have put out a Christmas eve blaze at Koolini’s on Tecumseh Road.

Crews were called to the building around 11:20pm Wednesday and found smoke pouring out of the former restaurant.

Firefighters located the blaze in the rear area of the building. They had the fire out around an hour later and were working to remove smoke from the building.

Officials say the fire was accidental and started in laundry room. Damage is set at $150,000 to the structure and $100,000 to the contents. There are no reports of injuries.

The Koolini Italian Eatery closed as a dine-in restaurant about a year ago and the location has been used exclusively for catering and delivery ever since.

Firefighters prepare to enter a side door

Light smoke drifts out of the front door

Firefighters work near a rear door that leads to the building’s kitchen area

Smoke drifts out of an exterior vent

Do You Like This Article?

Content Continues Below Local Sponsor Message
Content Continues Below Local Sponsor Message
Content Continues Below Local Sponsor Message