Visitor Restrictions In Place For Pediatric Unit At Windsor Regional Hospital
Sunday September 14th, 2014
Posted at 9:10pm
Hello time traveller!!
This article is 1407 days old.
The information listed below is likely outdated and has been preserved for archival purposes.
Windsor Regional Hospital is restricting visitors to the pediatric unit, at the Met campus, to 18 years of age and over effective immediately.
The hospital says that this has been put into place as a result of a sudden increase in pediatric patients attending the emergency department and some being admitted for severe respiratory issues.
The hospital says that only in extraordinary case-by-case circumstances will this restriction be waived, and that the visitor restrictions for the pediatric unit are being put into place to protect the health of pediatric visitors.
Although it has not been confirmed yet locally, the hospital says that there has been a sudden increase in pediatric patients across the mid western states of the United States and some Provinces in Canada with Non-Polio Enterovirus Infection: Enterovirus D68 (EV-D68)
The hospital has issued some reminders for parents or caregivers:
- If your child(ren) are sick do not send them to school to avoid spreading the illness to others
- Outside of school try to avoid large crowds
- Wash hands and surfaces regularly
- Cover mouth and face when sneezing
- If your child is not feeling well with respiratory issues, take them to a family physician or in an emergency to the emergency department. This is especially applicable to children with previous respiratory issues like asthma