Downtown Windsor Family Aquatic Centre Construction: Week 70
Monday July 8th, 2013
Posted at 2:00pm
Hello time traveller!!
This article is 1836 days old.
The information listed below is likely outdated and has been preserved for archival purposes.
It has been seventy weeks since construction started at the site of the future Downtown Windsor Family Aquatic Complex on the Western Super Anchor lands. The once-parking lot is now a sprawling structure rising three stories above the western portion of Downtown Windsor.
- The facility is now closed in with a finished roof and walls.
- The 71 meter Myrtha pool is installed and filled with one million gallons of water.
- Mechanical and electrical work is ahead of schedule.
- The dive tower has its final exterior finish.
- The tile work is approximately 1/3 complete in the competitive pool area.
- Tiling in the change rooms is complete.
- Construction has started on the three major slides in the water play area. The first slide under construction is the Viper and wraps around the lazy river.
- The pumps and filters are working in the competitive pool.
- The deep water lines in the water park have been tested and are functioning well.
The competitive pool and diving area will be open for the International Children’s Games in August 2013. Work is continuing on budget and on schedule with the official opening of the entire 144,000-square-foot complex scheduled for December 2013.