Police List Top 10 Car Crash Spots In Windsor, Plan To Step Up Enforcement
Wednesday June 26th, 2013
Posted at 5:32pm
Hello time traveller!!
This article is 1914 days old.
The information listed below is likely outdated and has been preserved for archival purposes.
Windsor Police say that statistics in 2012 show that 57% of the accidents in Windsor were intersection-related and that motor vehicle accidents are up 9% from this time last year.
Statistics have identified the top 25 motor vehicle accident/signalized intersections in Windsor based on data from the previous 5-years.
Starting in July, police will be targeting these intersections where possible as well as others to enforce regulations such as failing to stop for red lights, amber lights and stop signs. Rolling stops will be ticketed as well as improper turns which includes failing to signal or stop completely.
Police say that there is a known correlation between increased enforcement and reduction of traffic accidents.
The top ten intersections were accidents have occurred are:
- County Road 42 & Lauzon Parkway
- Central Avenue & E C Row E/B On Ramp
- Pelissier Street & Wyandotte Street West
- Goyeau Street & Wyandotte Street East
- Banwell Road & E C Row Expressway
- Crawford Avenue & Wyandotte Street West
- Provincial Road & Sixth Concession Road
- Lauzon Parkway & Tecumseh Road East
- Howard Avenue & Tecumseh Road East
- Erie Street East & Ouellette Avenue