Unattended Cooking the Cause of a Saturday Afternoon Fire

Saturday November 10th, 2012

Posted at 7:20pm

0
0
0
Print Friendly, PDF & Email

Hello time traveller!!

This article is 2110 days old.

The information listed below is likely outdated and has been preserved for archival purposes.

Ellis and Benjamin as seen from Google Maps

Windsor Fire were called to reports of smoke coming from a home on the corner of Ellis and Benjamin around 2pm Saturday afternoon.

Smoke was visible when crews arrived and a small fire was discovered in the kitchen. The fire was quickly extinguished and the home ventilated for smoke.

The cause was determined to be unattended cooking. The fire was contained to the kitchen, but there is heavy smoke damage throughout the rest of the house. Damage is pegged at $50,000 and there was no injuries.

Do You Like This Article?