PHOTOS: Storm Damage in Windsor
Sunday July 3rd, 2011
Posted at 2:00am
Hello time traveller!!
This article is 2599 days old.
The information listed below is likely outdated and has been preserved for archival purposes.
Severe storms moved through the Windsor area, Saturday night. Numerous areas of the city are without power, and hundreds of trees are down.
Some reports we received:
- persons rescued from an elevator after power outage on Riverside Drive East (Riverside Area)
- two trees fell onto a car dealership lot on Tecumseh East and Meldrum (East Central)
- residents came together to direct traffic on Bruce before Caroline Street – trees and lines down (Downtown)
- high voltage lines sparking on George Avenue (Near East)
- tree on fire on Grove Avenue (West Windsor)
- Sewer smell throughout the west end, still waiting for reports from City re. Lou Romano Sewage Plant (West Winds0r)
- Numerous trees and lines down in Midtown Windsor (Bruce, Victoria, Janette) (Midtown Windsor)
- Studio 4 Adult Entertainment – fire on roof (West End)
- Siding ripped off a building in the 3300 block of Walker Road
- Wellington Street closed between University and Wyandotte for trees down (West End)
- Power out in much of South Windsor (areas South of Eugenie/CPR Tracks)
- Hydro pole / transformer on roof of house (Remington Park)
- Trees down 1700 block of Lincoln
- many more reports of trees and lines down, Citywide