The Heat Is On!!
Tuesday May 31st, 2011
Posted at 12:15pm
Hello time traveller!!
This article is 2606 days old.
The information listed below is likely outdated and has been preserved for archival purposes.
In typical Windsor fashion, we have gone from cool and comfortable to the hot days of Summer.
The Windsor-Essex County Health Unit has some tips for Windsors to prevent heat related illnesses during periods of high temperatures and humidity.
- Drink lots of water and natural fruit juices.
- Stay out of the blazing sun or heat.
- Avoid strenuous physical activity outdoors.
- Never leave children and pets alone in a car.
- Check on neighbours, relatives, and friends who are frail, elderly, and live alone.
- Use air-conditioned places like shopping malls and community centres.
- Seek medical attention if you have or observe signs of heat illness in someone else.
Remember, if your looking for the perfect way to cool down, Sandpoint Beach opened for the summer this past weekend. Perfect timing!