Doors Open Windsor returns this September
Tuesday April 13th, 2010
Posted at 2:14pm
Hello time traveller!!
This article is 3080 days old.
The information listed below is likely outdated and has been preserved for archival purposes.
Windsor will be participating in Doors Open Ontario once again. Doors Open Windsor is set to take place on Sunday September 26th, 2010, explained Windsor Heritage Committee Chair Robin Easterbrook at a news conference this morning.
Doors Open is an event to give the public free tours of architecturally and historically significant buildings across Ontario. Windsor passed on participating in the event in 2009 due to funding issues, but the event will return in full-force this fall.
Seventeen locations are participating this September. The list includes:
- Assumption Church
- Canadian Club Brand Centre
- Canadian Historical Aircraft Association
- Duff-Baby House
- Frank Joyce House/Holy Rosary Convent
- Glenwood United Church
- Holy Redeemer College/Académie Ste. Cécile International School
- John Campbell Public School
- Mackenzie Hall
- Paulin Memorial Presbyterian Church
- Sandwich First Baptist Church
- St. John the Divine Orthodox Church
- Studio G&G Inc
- The A.H. (Bert) Weeks Water Treatment Plant
- Willistead Manor
- Descent of the Holy Ghost Romanian Orthodox Church
- Grachanica Serbian Eastern Orthodox Church.
You can find more information about the event at www.doorsopenwindsor.com