Windsor Police Planning to Increase Transparency
Friday January 6th, 2012
Posted at 1:47pm
Hello time traveller!!
This article is 2530 days old.
The information listed below is likely outdated and has been preserved for archival purposes.
The Windsor Police service today released many changes to make the force one of open, transparent, accountable and responsible policing.
Some of those changes will be:
- Organizational commitment to openness and transparency with media
- SIU to begin immediate training of all members.
- Immediate review of reporting structure and responsibilities.
- The A/Chief and Leadership Team for the first time in the Windsor Police Service history to conduct and lead training for all supervisory staff outlining expectations of accountability and risk management.
- Immediate creation of a Public Information Office.
- Increased access to Leadership Team and operational personnel for media.
- Immediate redesign of Website for easier and quicker information access.
- Improved and immediate implementation of new technologies for the sharing of information with the public and media.
- Adopt a new “Citizen Centered Approach” to service delivery.
- Immediate implementation of new Performance Management System.
- Implement mandatory mentoring program and leadership courses for all front line Supervisors, Staff Sergeants and Senior officers prior to promotion.
- Mandatory Psychological testing and Financial Background checks for all members entering a High Risk Unit, and for all members prior to promotion into Supervisor role.
- Implement enhanced mandatory Integrity / Ethics training service wide.
- Relocation of Professional Standards Branch office to an offsite location to encourage greater public accessibility.