Mostly CloudyNow
-4 °C
25 °F
Partly CloudySat
4 °C
39 °F
Partly CloudySun
3 °C
37 °F
9 °C
49 °F
Send Us A News Tip

Friday March 13th, 2015

Posted at 10:41pm

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

Hello time traveller!

This article is 1106 days old.

The information listed below is likely outdated and has been preserved for achival purposes.

A stovetop fire caused tens of thousands of dollars in damage to a home in Remington Park, Friday evening.

Firefighters were called to the home in the 1200 block of Stanley Street just after 9pm to find flames in the kitchen and smoke filling the house.

No injuries are reported, but the blaze caused $35,000 in damage. Fire officials say it started on a stovetop and spread throughout the kitchen.

The Red Cross has been called in to assist the residents, three children and an adult.

Do You Like This Article?