This weekend Windsor and Essex County will be celebrating culture and heritage with the convergence of two different festivals.
Culture Days invites you to go “behind-the-scenes” to discover the world of artists, creators, historians, architects, curators, designers and other creative people in the community. As well, Doors Open 2012 invites you to explore sites of historical, architectural, cultural and technological significance.
This year, Windsor Essex has over 40 free activities scheduled for Culture Days all over Essex county including Amherstburg, Harrow, Kingsville, Lasalle, Windsor, Belle River, Essex, Cottam, Leamington, and Comber. Activities span a wide range of arts and cultural disciplines and practices including: visual arts, craft, music, dance, theatre, heritage, film/video, literature, and new media.
Some of the featured events include:
- OPEN STUDIO TOUR presented by The Arts & Cultural Alliance of Windsor Essex County in partnership with the City of Windsor, the Arts Council Windsor Region and many others; visit artists and artisans in their studios throughout the Windsor Essex area.
- SCATTERED ECSTASIES features the interplay of poetry and art with six artists, six poets and six actors.
- PLEIN AIR PAINT OUT invites the public (children and families welcome) to paint or sketch outdoors.
- CURATOR’S TOUR 1812 EXHIBIT at Windsor’s Community Museum.
- DANCE YOUR WAY AROUND WINDSOR features traditional cultural dancers in various Windsor Public Library branches.
- FORD CITY ARTS & HERITAGE FESTIVAL features art in the Ford City Community Garden, an artisan market, live street music, historic mural tours, food vendors and more along Drouillard Road.
For a complete list of Culture Days activities in the Windsor Essex Community visit their website and search “Windsor, Ontario”.