windsoriteDOTca has a specific policy governing the placement of campaign advertisements on the windsorite.ca website.
- Election advertising is advertising in any medium during an election period from the writ to polling day with the purpose of promoting or opposing, directly or indirectly, a registered political party or the election of a registered candidate to the Ontario Legislature.
- Political advertising must bear authorization. An example of appropriate wording for authorization could be “authorized by the XYZ campaign” or “authorized by the ABC Constituency Association”.
- Due to provincially mandated blackout periods, all campaign advertisements must end on windsoriteDOTca on Tuesday June 10th at 11:59pm eastern time.
- windsoriteDOTca only accepts campaign advertisements prepared in good taste, free of personal attacks, stereotyping, ‘shock value by use of double entendre’, violence, sexuality or nudity. Advertisements must be prepared to treat ethnic, gender and racial characteristics with decency and respect. windsoriteDOTca reserves the right to refuse and refund the purchase of any advertisement that contravenes these guidelines.
- Advertisements must not convey, in any way, any perceivable endorsement by windsoriteDOTca for any political candidate.
- All advertisement designs for political campaigning purposes are subject to review by windsoriteDOTca to ensure that they meet these regulations.
- PLACEMENT OF POLITICAL ADVERTISEMENTS ON WINDSORITEDOTCA DOES NOT IN ANY WAY CONSTITUTE ANY LEVEL OF ENDORSEMENT BY WINDSORITEDOTCA INC