windsoriteDOTca has a specific policy governing the placement of campaign advertisements on the windsorite.ca website.
- Only candidates (or their representatives) who have been registered with the Windsor-Essex Chief Electoral Officer are permitted to purchase a municipal election campaign advertisement on windsoriteDOTca.
- The time period during which campaign advertisements can be displayed is limited to the start of a candidate’s campaign through the day prior to polling day. In accordance with federal, provincial and municipal statutes, no campaign advertisements will be shown on windsoriteDOTca on Monday October 27th, 2014.
- windsoriteDOTca only accepts campaign advertisements prepared in good taste, free of personal attacks, stereotyping, ‘shock value by use of double entendre’, violence, sexuality or nudity. Advertisements must be prepared to treat ethnic, gender and racial characteristics with decency and respect. windsoriteDOTca’s Publisher reserves the right to refuse and refund the purchase of any advertisement that contravenes these guidelines.
- Advertisements must not convey, in any way, any perceivable endorsement by windsoriteDOTca for any political candidate.
- All advertisement designs for political campaigning purposes are subject to review by windsoriteDOTca to ensure that they meet these regulations.
- PLACEMENT OF POLITICAL ADVERTISEMENTS ON WINDSORITEDOTCA DOES NOT IN ANY WAY CONSTITUTE ANY LEVEL OF ENDORSEMENT BY WINDSORITEDOTCA INC