Updated: Basement Of House Explodes On University Avenue
Friday December 5th, 2014
Posted at 1:08am
Hello time traveller!!
This article is 1326 days old.
The information listed below is likely outdated and has been preserved for archival purposes.
Last updated: Tuesday December 9th, 12:02pm
A fire inside the basement of a home on University Avenue East was intentionally set and the blaze caused a 1-pound propane tank to explode, according to investigators.
Firefighters were called to a home in the 700 block of University Street East near Marentette just before midnight after neighbours reported hearing and feeling an explosion.
Crews found smoke coming from the house and discovered fire in the basement. Several windows of the home had been blown out.
The fire was brought under control and was out before 1am.
No one was home at the time.