Police Traffic Enforcement Campaign Results
Thursday November 3rd, 2011
Posted at 3:15pm
Hello time traveller!!
This article is 2632 days old.
The information listed below is likely outdated and has been preserved for archival purposes.
On Wednesday, November 2, 2011, the Windsor Police Traffic Enforcement Unit conducted a city-wide enforcement campaign. Police say this initiative was conducted in response to a large volume of complaints received regarding traffic violations taking place in various locations throughout the City of Windsor.
Police report the following statistics indicate the specific charges laid under the Highway Traffic Act and the corresponding number of charges laid:
- Disobey Red Light – Fail to Stop – 18
- Speeding – 22
- Fail to Wear Seat Belt – 3
- Passing a School Bus with Stop Lights Activated – 2
- Failing to Produce a Drivers Licence or Proof of Insurance – 14
- Use Electronic Device (Distracted Driving) – 6
- Miscellaneous Charges – 7
Total Traffic Enforcement Charges Issued – 72