Tuesday May 22, 8:00 pm at the Detroit Film Theatre: Opening screening featuring the North American premiere of “differently, Molussia”, the new film by Nicolas Rey (France). Filmmaker in attendance.
· Wednesday May 23, 6:00 pm at the Capitol Theatre: Opening Party in Windsor sponsored by Mill Street Beer with introductory remarks by Media City organizers, IAIN BAXTER& and other guests, followed at 7:30 pm by the special program IAIN BAXTER&: Super 8 INFORMATION including thirteen, previously unseen S8mm films made by the Windsor-based, Governor General Award-winning artist in the late 60s and early 70s. IAIN BAXTER& in attendance to discuss the films.
· Thursday May 24, 6:00 pm at the Capitol Theatre: Regional Artists Program featuring 15 new short films by artists from Windsor, Detroit and surrounding areas. A new “Best Local Film Award” is sponsored by Caesars Windsor.
· Friday May 25, 7:30 pm at the Capitol Theatre: Special program of rare archival films from the post-war Austrian avant-garde and the North American launch of the book “Film Unframed” recently published by the Austrian Filmarchive . Filmmaker and curator Norbert Pfaffenbichler attends from Vienna to introduce the screening.
· Saturday May 26, late night at Phog Lounge (157 University West): festival closing party and award ceremony, including a screening of Super 8 films by Dagie Brundert (Berlin) with the artist in attendance.
· Wednesday May 23 through Saturday May 26 at the Capitol Theatre: Six additional International Competition Programs with dozens of new films from around the world; numerous artists in attendance to discuss their work.