windsoriteDOTca allows reader comments on most articles, its Facebook page and other Facebook assets administrated by windsoriteDOTca.
Comments and debate are welcome and are encouraged.
windsoriteDOTca utilizes two commenting systems on its website: Facebook comments and Anonymous comments. This Comment Policy applies to all commenting systems on the windsorite.ca website and on windsoriteDOTca Facebook assets.
Where Facebook commenting is used, users may report abusive comments to Facebook. Facebook monitors abusive comments and routinely takes action to ban commenters who violate Facebook’s discussion policies.
windsoriteDOTca strives to maintain safe comment areas and has adopted a ZERO TOLERANCE stance on violations of this Comment Policy.
Users violating the windsoriteDOTca Comment Policy will have their offending comment(s) removed and offending users will be indefinitely banned from commenting on windsoriteDOTca.
The following will be removed by windsoriteDOTca:
- Personal Attacks – This specifically means any comments that are blatantly attacking another person, especially in a personal way.
- Trolling – Trolling is whenever someone is clearly, deliberately commenting in a manner for the purpose of angering and/or insulting other commenters.
- Attacking windsoriteDOTca Staff – Corrections and complaints must be directed to windsoriteDOTca’s Publishing Team through the website’s contact form.
- Obscene Material – Posting of pornography, threats to cause physical or mental harm, racist or otherwise discriminating remarks, extremely offensive language, material that breaks any law, text, images, or other communicable information that is deemed highly offensive and disruptive to other users, or otherwise totally unacceptable comments or links to pages that contain the aforementioned material will not be tolerated.
- Hate Speech – Comments that are determined by windsoriteDOTca to be hateful, discriminatory and attacking of a person or group on the basis of race, religion, sexual orientation or gender will not be tolerated.
- Plagiarism – Comments that violates intellectual property rights will be removed.
- Personal Information – Personal information published without consent will be removed.
- Links To Other Media’s News Stories – We don’t permit users to promote other news sources.
- Advertising, promotions or spam.
The following will not be removed by windsoriteDOTca:
- Comments that do not violate the terms set forth in this Comment Policy that you or any group, company or organization requests to be removed — windsoriteDOTca is not able to censor comments that do not violate this Comment Policy.
windsoriteDOTca reserves the right to monitor comments posted on the website, and to modify or remove any messages or postings that it deems, in its sole discretion, to be abusive, defamatory, in violation of the copyright, trademark right, or other intellectual property right of any third party, in violation of this Comment Policy or otherwise inappropriate for the windsoriteDOTca website. Notwithstanding the foregoing, windsoriteDOTca is not obligated to take any such actions, and will not be responsible or liable for content posted by any subscriber in any forum, message board, or other area within the windsoriteDOTca website.
If you do not agree to these terms, do not use the commenting feature on windsoriteDOTca, as violation of the terms can lead to legal action.
If you have questions or concerns, please email the windsoriteDOTca Publishing Team at [email protected]