OvercastNow
18 °C
64 °F
RainMon
20 °C
68 °F
RainTue
12 °C
54 °F
OvercastWed
8 °C
47 °F
Send Us A News Tip

Saturday February 13th, 2016

Posted at 11:42am

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

(null)

Last updated: Monday February 15th, 11:17am

The investigation is complete into a house fire on Curry Street that claimed the life of a woman, Saturday morning.

Firefighters rushed to the home at the corner of Curry and Martindale just after 10am to find the building’s second floor and attic on fire.

Crews fought the blaze for slightly less than an hour, in bitter winter conditions that saw hoses freezing and the accumulation of ice around the fire scene.

Officials say the fire started in kitchen at the stove, and the woman died as a result of smoke inhalation.

Two dogs also passed away.

Damage is set at $150,000.

(null)

(null)

(null)

(null)

(null)

(null)

Do You Like This Article?