OvercastNow
-3 °C
27 °F
OvercastSun
2 °C
35 °F
Chance of RainMon
3 °C
38 °F
Partly CloudyTue
5 °C
41 °F
Send Us A News Tip

Wednesday October 14th, 2015

Posted at 1:59pm

Print Friendly, PDF & Email
(null)

Students and staff at the University of Windsor have evacuated

Last updated: Sunday October 18th, 10:21am

Firefighters from both Windsor and LaSalle have finished investigating the sudden smell of natural gas over a wide area.

Crews were first called to the University of Windsor around 1:30pm after several reports of the smell of natural gas at multiple campus buildings.

Students were allowed back into buildings around 2pm.

Firefighters were also called to Assumption Highschool after teachers noticed the smell of natural gas.

Fire crews in LaSalle were called around 1:50pm to the Herb Gray Parkway near Cabana for similar reports of a natural gas smell.

The cause of the smell was determined to be a gas leak on Huron Church south of the University.

Do You Like This Article?