Mostly CloudyNow
24 °C
75 °F
OvercastThu
23 °C
75 °F
ThunderstormFri
20 °C
68 °F
ThunderstormSat
24 °C
76 °F
Send Us A News Tip

Friday March 28th, 2014

Posted at 11:32pm

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

Hello time traveller!

This article is 1546 days old.

The information listed below is likely outdated and has been preserved for archival purposes.

The area of the 700 block of Point Pelee Drive as seen from above on Google.

A natural gas leak gets the blame for a fire Friday evening in 700 block of Point Pelee Drive in Leamington

Leamington Fire officials say that it appears to have been caused by a cracked gas line due to a gas meter being buried under the heavy snow.  The gas entered the home and was ignited by the furnace.

Damage is estimated at $130,000 with damage to an adjacent home set at $10,000.

There was no injuries.

Do You Like This Article?