Mostly CloudyNow
27 °C
81 °F
Partly CloudyMon
30 °C
87 °F
Partly CloudyTue
31 °C
88 °F
Partly CloudyWed
26 °C
79 °F
Send Us A News Tip

Thursday July 11th, 2013

Posted at 11:02pm

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

Windsor Firefighters extinguished a blaze late Thursday night that saw flames shooting into the sky in Downtown Windsor.

Crews were called to the 300 block of Newbury around 10:15pm and found heavy fire and smoke emanating from the second story of the home.

The fire was knocked down within five minutes and crews worked to clear smoke from the building.

Three dogs and all of the occupants of the home made it out safely.

An inspector has been called to the scene to investigate how the fire originated. The second story of the house suffered extensive damage.

Windsor Police Staff Sergeant Steve Bodri says preliminary reports indicate that a fan in the attic overheated causing the fire.

The fire caused $120,000 in damages.

Do You Like This Article?