Hello time traveller!
This article is 1860 days old.
The information listed below is likely outdated and has been preserved for archival purposes.
Windsor Fire & Rescue and Windsor Police are actively investigating eleven intentionally set fires over the past two weeks.
Chief Fire Prevention Officer Lee Tome says the following fires are all suspicious and were intentionally set:
- wood pallets behind Bazzi Produce
- Tecumseh Road at Lincoln (back of building)
- California Auto on Lauzon
- Four fires in laundry rooms/stairwells/common areas on Sycamore
- One fire on Meadowbrook
- vacant home in the 800 block of Assumption
- combustables thrown into Our Lady of the Rosary church on Riverside
- a garage fire in the 400 block of Parent with multiple ignition points that took place Tuesday at 2:30am
The Ontario Fire Marshall’s Office has been called to investigate the garage fire on Parent.
Tome says there are no suspects at this time. The fires on Meadowbrook and Sycamore appear to be linked but Tome says there isn’t currently evidence linking those to any of the other fires.
Tome says if you notice suspicious activity in alleyways, public areas of buildings or anywhere else, to call Police or Crime Stoppers.