OvercastNow
4 °C
39 °F
OvercastSun
3 °C
37 °F
ClearMon
8 °C
46 °F
Chance of RainTue
9 °C
48 °F
Send Us A News Tip

Saturday May 25th, 2013

Posted at 2:19pm

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

20130525-141320.jpg

A small stove fire caused a brief evacuation of Market Square this afternoon.

Firefighters were called to the Market on Ottawa Street just after 1:30pm and found a light haze of smoke in the building.

Crews determined that a small cooking fire at Vio’s Pasta & Pizza had broke out. Workers in the area had extinguished the minor blaze with a fire extinguisher.

Firefighters used fans to ventilate the Market and shoppers were allowed back in.

The fire caused around $3000 in damages. No one was injured.

Photo by reader Aisling Douglas

Do You Like This Article?