Hello time traveller!
This article is 1888 days old.
The information listed below is likely outdated and has been preserved for archival purposes.
Transit Windsor has released ticket packages for this year’s Chevrolet Detroit Belle Isle Grand Prix, running May 31st through June 2nd.
“We’ve secured some great front row racing experiences for Windsor Residents and thanks to Transit Windsor getting there and back will be safe and hassle free”, says Mayor Eddie Francis.
Joined by Charles F. Burns, General Manager of the Grand Prix, and Canadian IZOD IndyCar Series Driver James Hinchcliffe, Mayor Francis announced a Canadian ticket package that will ensure the two nation destination partnership is a huge success.
Ticket Package Includes:
- Reserved seat ticket in Canadian Grandstand (#2 start/finish line)
- Round-trip Transit Windsor ticket to and from Belle Isle
- Access to the Meijer Family Zone on Belle Isle
- Free concerts at the Chevrolet Detroit Belle Isle Grand Prix
Reserved Ticket options:
Saturday, June 1st or Sunday, June 2nd Single Day tickets – two options
- Upper seats of Canadian Grandstand #2 (Start/Finish line) $70.00 (HST included)
- Lower seats of Canadian Grandstand #2 (Start/Finish line) $55.00 (HST included)
Saturday and Sunday June 1/2 Weekend tickets – two options
- Upper seats of Canadian Grandstand #2 (Start/Finish line) $125.00 (HST included)
- Lower seats of Canadian Grandstand #2 (Start/Finish line) $105.00 (HST included)
Transit Windsor Tunnel Bus Service:
Saturday, June 1st and Sunday, June 2nd
Shuttle buses will depart from the Windsor International Transit Terminal (300 Chatham Street West) to Belle Isle, from 8:00a.m. on an as needed basis until 2:00pm. Return trips begin immediately following the race and will continue until 30 minutes after the concert is complete.
Grand Prix Canadian Grandstand Ticket Locations:
Grand Prix ticket packages will be available for purchase beginning Friday, April 26th at the following locations:
- Windsor International Transit Terminal (300 Chatham Street West 519-944-4111)
- Customer Care Centres:
- South Windsor Recreation Complex (2555 Pulford 519-966-6040)
- Optimist Community Centre (1075 Ypres)
- Gino A. Marcus Community Complex (1168 Drouillard Rd. 519-253-5592)
- Forest Glad Community Centre (3215 Forest Glade Dr. 519-735-3536)
- Adie Knox Recreation Centre (1551 Wyandotte St W. 519-253-3157)
- Please note: Public automobile traffic will not be allowed on Belle Isle throughout the weekend.
- Additional tickets for the Transit Windsor Tunnel Bus Service can be purchased at a cost of $12.00 CDN round-trip. Tickets available at the Windsor International Transit Terminal. Cash, Debit, Mastercard and Visa are accepted.
Windsor residents can Call 311 for information. Outside of Windsor call 519-255-CITY (2489). Or check out more information at the Official Grand Prix website.