Mostly CloudyNow
2 °C
36 °F
Partly CloudySat
3 °C
39 °F
3 °C
37 °F
10 °C
50 °F
Send Us A News Tip

Saturday December 22nd, 2012

Posted at 1:45pm

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

Hello time traveller!

This article is 1918 days old.

The information listed below is likely outdated and has been preserved for achival purposes.

Photo by Owen Wolter

Windsor Fire says that a  fire in a second floor fireplace escaped the chimney in the attic and caught the roof on fire at 280 Campbell Friday night.

Fire crews were called to the duplex just off of University Avenue just after 6:30 and were able to extinguish the fire quickly, but spent several hours on scene dousing hot spots.

Investigators also say that there was no working smoke alarms in the building, and that the owner will be charged.

Damage is estimated to be $175,000.  There was no injuries.

Do You Like This Article?